The purpose of these awards is to recognize the outstanding work of the members of MNYCCPOA, and to foster our mission of promoting professional growth and exchanging ideas, information and creative solutions concerning career development issues.
There are three awards for best practices. (NEW AWARD TYPES):
- New Programs 0-3yrs: $ 1,000
- Existing Programs 4+ years: $ 1,000
- Creativity and Innovation: $ 1,000
All awards will be made to the member’s school, to be used by the Career Services Office. In the event that the work was not related to work conducted at a school i.e. a thesis, dissertation or graduate school project, the prize will be awarded directly to the winner.
*Please note: If you are not a current member of MNYCCPOA and would like to submit an application for consideration, you may have a current MNYCCPOA member sponsor your application. If your submission wins, your membership fee will be deducted from the award amount.
- New programs or programs with a new twist
- Successful marketing campaigns for programs or services
- Innovative materials or handouts
- Professional presentations made by members at conferences
- New ways of delivering services
- New techniques or methods of counseling
- Research including thesis, dissertation and graduate level research projects
- Professional development of the applicant(s)
- Impact on targeted population
- Effectiveness/objectives met and outcomes clearly stated
- Creativity and innovation
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application online HERE
April 9, 2021.
Awards will be presented at the Spring Meeting in May of 2021.
For more information contact the Alva C. Cooper Committee at: email@example.com