MNYCCPOA’s 2020 Alva C. Cooper Awards for Best Practices in Career Development has been cancelled, and postponed until 2021. If you completed a submission for the Alva Cooper Awards, we will continue to honor it for next year’s edition. If between now, and the new 2021 deadline (to be shared later in the year), you are able to collect more data, information, or results that can help your submission, feel free to send that information to email@example.com. We apologize again for this inconvenience.
The purpose of these awards is to recognize the outstanding work of the members of MNYCCPOA, and to foster our mission of promoting professional growth and exchanging ideas, information and creative solutions concerning career development issues.
There are three awards for best practices. (NEW AWARD TYPES):
- New Programs 0-3yrs: $ 1,000
- Existing Programs 4+ years: $ 1,000
- Creativity and Innovation: $ 1,000
All awards will be made to the member’s school, to be used by the Career Services Office. In the event that the work was not related to work conducted at a school i.e. a thesis, dissertation or graduate school project, the prize will be awarded directly to the winner.
*Please note: If you are not a current member of MNYCCPOA and would like to submit an application for consideration, you may have a current MNYCCPOA member sponsor your application. If your submission wins, your membership fee will be deducted from the award amount.
- New programs or programs with a new twist
- Successful marketing campaigns for programs or services
- Innovative materials or handouts
- Professional presentations made by members at conferences
- New ways of delivering services
- New techniques or methods of counseling
- Research including thesis, dissertation and graduate level research projects
- Professional development of the applicant(s)
- Impact on targeted population
- Effectiveness/objectives met and outcomes clearly stated
- Creativity and innovation
HOW TO APPLY
2021 Application will be available in the fall of 2020
2021 Deadline will be announced in the fall of 2020.
Awards will be presented at the Spring Meeting in May of 2021.
For more information contact the Alva C. Cooper Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org