MNYCCPOA’s PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SCHOLARSHIP
DEADLINE EXTENDED!: October 30, 2020
The purpose of this scholarship is to offer two deserving MNYCCPOA members two $250 scholarship to use to advance their professional career in the field of Career Counseling. Members can use the winnings to attend a conference, workshops or another professional development opportunity in the field of career counseling and/or development. The mission of the scholarship is to promote professional growth and allow the member to exchange ideas, use the information that is learned to develop creative solutions in the field of career development.
Two $250 scholarships will be awarded to two active MNYCCPOA members.
The applicants for the MNYCCPOA Professional Development Scholarships must:
- Be active MNYCCPOA member
- Submit a letter of proposal that specifically outlines the manner in which the award will be used to further the applicant’s professional development objectives. This proposal should also state how the program would benefit the award recipient.
Other considerations include the following:
- Scholarships will be given to individuals, not to firms or organizations, and are intended for individual use
To apply for the MNYCCPOA Professional Development Scholarship, the following materials must be received no later than Frida, October 30, 2020.
- A letter of proposal that specifically outlines the manner in which the scholarship will be used to further the applicant’s professional development objectives and how the program will benefit the award recipient. The proposal should be no more than one page in length;
- A current resume or CV;
- At least one letter of recommendation from someone familiar with the applicant’s professional development effort who can speak to why participation in the program or course of study would benefit the applicant;
- Supporting materials that further describe the program or course for which funding is requested and verify the amount being requested. For example: NACE Conference, EACE Conference or other Career Related workshops/trainings.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER BEING NOTIFIED ABOUT WINNING?
Recipients must either submit a 500-1000 word statement describing how the program and participation will meet their professional development objectives within 30 days of completing the program, or provide a 10-minute presentation about their key takeaways at a MNYCCPOA meeting throughout the year.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications will be submitted online. Apply here!
The NEW deadline is 10/30. Materials must be submitted online. Deadline for the next round of awards will be coming soon!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR FIRST SET OF WINNERS:
-Marion Sadovoy, Graduate Career Advisor at Parsons, School of Design-the New School.
-Nicole Catalfamo, Associate Director of Employer Relations at Fordham University (read the summary of her scholarship experience here)
For more information contact Kristina Simonsen, 2nd Vice President at: firstname.lastname@example.org