RECENT VIRTUAL EVENT RECORDINGS
- RECORDING OF 7/30 EVENT: Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable: A Workshop for Allies and Advocates in Career Services
- Password: CWBU2020!
- RECORDING OF 5/1 EVENT: Coffee Chat with the President
- Password: MNYCCPOACoffeChat2020!
- RECORDING OF 4/17 EVENT: MNYCCPOA & COVID 19: Best Practices for Working Remotely and Serving Students (with special guests: Dr. Kristina Hallett, and Bless Vaidian)
- Password: MNYCCPOABestPractices2020!
COVID-19 UPDATES AFFECTING MNYCCPOA OPERATIONS (this message will be updated as we know more)
Dear MNYCCPOA Members:
The Coronavirus Pandemic has certainly been a disruptor in our regular operations at schools and universities, and within MNYCCPOA as an organization. We hope that during this time, you are all in good spirits, healthy, and ready to offer your best virtual coaching and programming to your students!
The MNYCCPOA Executive Board has been working hard to find the best ways to support our membership during these trying times. Due to the severity that COVID-19 may continue to take in the near future, we have decided to completely cancel the Spring 2020 meeting (including the Alva Cooper Awards) this year, and to postpone it until 2021. We were hoping to convene a meeting in the summer, but this seems to be increasingly difficult due to federal and health directives that may continue to affect the operations of Metropolitan NY colleges and universities. See below for a comprehensive summary of what we’re prepared to do during this time:
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- If you completed a submission for the Alva Cooper Awards, we will continue to honor it for next year’s edition. If between now, and the new 2021 deadline (to be shared later in the year), you are able to collect more data, information, or results that can help your submission, feel free to send that information to email@example.com. We apologize again for this inconvenience.
- In lieu of a 1-day conference this year, we are happy to announce 3 FREE virtual events happening in the upcoming weeks. These will cover various topics related to our work during COVID-19, and offer an opportunity to stay connected as a community. Please note that registration is required via zoom for all of these sessions:
MNYCCPOA & COVID-19: Best Practices in Working Remotely and Serving Students, Friday, 4/17, 12-1 PM.
Join us in this inaugural virtual open forum to hear from our board members regarding how they are thriving while WFM, and the innovative ways in which they are serving students during this time. Register here.
Virtual Happy Hour, Thursday, 4/23, 5-7 PM
Come join us in your comfy clothes, and bring a drink or snack of your choice. Social distancing can be fun and this a great time to network with your MNYCCPOA colleagues! Register here.
Coffee Chat with the President, Friday, 5/1, 10-11 AM
Join the MNYCCPOA President, Diana Mendez, on a coffee chat where you can ask her any questions about the organization, our plans to support our members during this time, and connect with each other! Register here.
**If you have any ideas for virtual events, or would like to facilitate one for our membership, please let us know!*
3. We have also created this COVID-19 Career Resources Collective, to share resources with the MNYCCPOA community about virtual career webinars, employer hiring, and overall career resources. If you would like to contribute your own resources to this collective, please do so here. This is a live resource and we hope that it will continue to grow overtime. Thank you in advance for your contributions!
We hope that you continue to have resilience, take care of yourselves, and most importantly, remember that the MNYCCPOA community is here for you! We are in this together, and we look forward to seeing you virtually very soon. As always, if you have any questions or concerns that you want to share with the board, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our work continues.
**Updated on 4/13
We invite you to attend our one-day programs which are held three times a year. Programs are designed to give our members and other interested participants information about various careers, employment trends and professional development topics of interest to career professionals.
Members are needed to participate in planning upcoming programs. Each program committee meets once to design the day’s event. Individuals can select to participate by helping to make site arrangements, get speakers, design the mailing or handle registration.
PROGRAM SUGGESTIONS NEEDED!
If you have a program suggestion or you wish to volunteer to work on a program, please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org